Hacklab is going to have an awesome booth at the Toronto Mini Maker Faire, a celebration of maker culture:
Toronto Mini Maker Faire is the ultimate celebration of making, crafting, DIY-ing, tinkering, hacking and sharing. It’s a weekend where makers of all kinds will show off their projects and hold how-to workshops, with hands-on activities for all ages. Exhibits on display will include robots, laser cutting, letterpress printing, a 3D print gallery and kinetic sculptures.
At hacklab’s booth, you’ll be able to meet our members, and see some of our various projects including:
- 3D printers: Maker Bot, RepRap, Hacklab RepRap, lots of printed objects
- Soldering workshop! We have blinky LED kits available, learn how to solder!
- Train Overlord, our robot on rails (now with laser!)
- Buttons, stickers, fliers: get your Hacklab swag!
- Laser poster – information about our laser cutter
- Sensebridge: North Paw compass anklet, Heart Spark pendant, conductive thread
- HUGE Capacitor bank, good for making HDD platters jump (can crushing demo!)
- Slide show of Hacklab activities
- Some members have their own booths: GoodRobot (Alan) and Strich Labs (Sarah & Lisa)
Come visit us and support making stuff in Toronto! The Mini Maker Faire is Saturday and Sunday this weekend, 10am-6pm, at the Evergreen Brick Works, 550 Bayview Ave, Toronto.