The third meetup of the Toronto RepRap User Group was a massive success!
- Lance: Using and sourcing glass build platforms for your RepRap
- Adam: Building a giant RepRap, his new extruder design, coatings for the build platform.
- Chris: Follow up on producing lenses with 3D printers.
- Matt: Questions for the community.
- Andre: Printing his parents house (watch it print! And another one!).
- Chris: A new programmatic CAD tool, ImplicitCAD (including some never before publicly seen features!)
Thanks again to hacklab for hosting us! Our next meetup will be on March 26th, again the last Monday of the month (can we make this a consistent thing? Maybe!). Since things were starting to get a bit cramped at hacklab, between all of us and the printers, Site 3 will generously be hosting the next meetup.
Finally, I wanted to remind everyone that you too can be a speaker at the next meeting of the Toronto RepRap User Group! It’s nothing formal: just get up and talk for five-ish minutes. No need to contact me in advance, just turn up and tell me before we start the talks! I will be very grateful for more speakers!
(Also, there is now a mailing list for organizing our meetings and discussing Toronto-RepRaping issues.)
Mark your calendars: Monday the 27th will be Toronto’s third RepRap User Group Meetup! We’ll be meeting at hacklab (location info) at 7pm! Bring your RepRap/Makerbot/3D printing awesomeness!
Meet your fellow RepRap enthusiasts! Share knowledge, learn about the awesome things people are doing, and have a great time!
Everyone interested in 3D Printing is welcome. People who are being driven insane by their obsession with the awesomeness of 3D printing are strongly encouraged so that they can benefit from contact with the similarly afflicted.
I’m super excited to have this happen and am really looking forward to seeing you there!